Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kinistino, Sask., Canada
November 20, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have COPD and use a sleep apnea machine. I find O get more air with the machine making it muhasier to breathe at night.

November 23, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't know if one causes another but I have sleep apnea ?copd,diabetes,and high blood pressure I sleep with a cpac ventilator I had copd first and the other ailments followed I'm also on oxygen 24/7 I'm not complaining I'm ALIVE that's my life❤❤

November 22, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Many people with COPD have sleep apnea; many people with sleep apnea have COPD. The same is true of diabetes and a whole host of heart and cardio-vascular conditions. They're called co-morbidities: discreet diagnoses and no causal relationship between any of them. Part of the problem is that smoking, not exercising, obesity and being a couch potato lead to all those diagnoses. You could have several without the others, or one without the others or all of them. None of them cause the others. All of them increase the chances of developing the others, whether you have one of them or all of them.

The key here is exercise, diet and weight control. Achieve that and you can avoid developing many of them.

November 21, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My falling is from my legs giving way. I was in a serious work accident in 1979. It has been changeable ever since. I had a heart attack in 2007 so I have some chest tightness from 4 stints in my heart. If I fall and get on my knees I can try to get up. It gets Cold laying in the snow for 1/2 hour waiting for help.

November 20, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member Thank goodness you've okay. That's scary stuff. I have osteoporosis so I'm scared out of my mind about falling! Thats another thing associated with copd for women. There is alot.

November 20, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Plymouth, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Subscriber asked a question 💭

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hamilton, OH