Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I am a candidate for oxygen and looking for more information about Inogen.

January 4, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I used one for approximately 4 years you have to carry all the charger cords and accessories to be able to go out for hours it works good but you have to qualify for the pulsating price of oxygen use. Carry a double battery at all times it costs extra but will make your charging time much less. Any questions I'm available to answer.

February 28, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have Innogen concentrators I have the large one and the portable one medicare pays for it It's not the newest one but it works fine the portable one comes with 1 battery and I purchased another battery from Amazon the battery life fully charged is 4 hrs It's a pulse concentrator and it's accepted on airplanes it goes up to 3L of oxygen I only wish it was continuous flow

January 16, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Inogen makes both stationary and portable concentrators. The stationary concentrators are very similar to other units and Inogen does have a contract with Medicare to provide service and most insurance companies follow Medicare's lead. The POCs are lightweight, but only one produces more than the equivalent of 1LPM. If you're interested in a POC, you need to learn about them. Best source is www.pulmonarypaper.org and look for the May-June edition. Read everything Ryan Diesem writes; he's the expert in POCs.

January 4, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Innogen are lightweight , but depending on how many LPM of oxygen you require may or may not produce enough oxygen . My Innogen is fine at sea-level for me but is pretty much useless at the 5,280 feet altitude where i live .

January 4, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

The Inogen brand is wonderful

January 10, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Navarre, FL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In