Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Calhoun Falls, SC

has anyone went to Mexico and had the stem cell therapy.? if so were the results worth it ?

January 20, 2022
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Wouldn't we all!!!?? Unfortunately none of these will do that........☹️

January 24, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have had reason to look into stem cells and I have had a semi-relative work for a company doing stem cell research. Univ. of Penn and Univ. of Houston are doing studies. Companies like Linage Cell Therapeutics only use something called pluripotent stem cells that can be converted into any type of cell in the body, where a lot of people take some fat off your back and make what they call mesenchymal stem cells that may or may not work where you want it to work. So, caution on what you pay for. Naturally, I would love to have them find something that would rebuild my alveoli.

January 23, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have not. Just FYI, the stem cells that are used by the site I reviewed are stem cells that work with bones, not lungs. There's no evidence that these stem cells would have any effect on lungs. I'm afraid it's a scam.

January 20, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Three Lakes, WI

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭