I had applied for a lung transplant at UCSF and have repeatedly been traveling to San Francisco over the past year for testing to get approved. I have passed all the tests and just need to get dental approval. The only thing stopping me from getting on the list now is a caregiver plan. After the transplant, I am required to stay within 45 minutes of UCSF hospital for 6 weeks with a caregiver. It seems like no big deal when you are first looking into getting a new set of lungs, but when it… read more
@A MyCOPDTeam Member, you have hit the nail on the head regarding ridiculous gaps in medical care.
Have you tried contacting Emma Schmitz of Truckee, who went through the same situation with her mother’s transplant? An email to this blog author may be a long shot, but might also provide suggestions or a solution:
https://pulmonaryfibrosisnews.com/2021/01/27/fi...
Good luck !
Now that's a real dilemma! Have you been working with anyone, such as a social worker perhaps? There just has to be someone that can suggest a type of service that can hook you up! Hopefully another person here can give you a few tips!!