Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
St Paul, MN/MPLS
April 21, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I do 10 minutes of stretching, and walking on the spot with high knees, every 3 rd day. That helps physically. Mentally I want to be alert so I learn video games that are constantly changing so as to stretch my mind, it helps a lot!😊

April 21, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

As for me I started out walking n increased distance every 2-3days,then started using one n half pound weights on my ankles,I now ride exercise stationary bike day anywhere from 2-7 miles.....I do think pulmonary rehab is a big help if you get the right employees that assist you....it's what you feel you can do n notice a good change in your breathing and overall health, every little bit helps!!!!

April 21, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you Jean

April 22, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks for the hugs ladies!😊

May 8, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Recommended exercise for people with COPD generally follow the recommendations for pretty much anyone: 30 minutes of aerobic exercise every day and strengthening (weight training) 30 minutes once a week for upper, lower and core muscle groups. Most people can't do that from the get-go, and need to start slow and work up. If you take off at what you think is a normal speed, you'll outrun your lungs in about 30 seconds, so start really slow and don't expect to be able to maintain that for very long. Expect to be sob and check your O2 levels; as long as your sats are good, you can continue for as long as you can stand it and not do any harm.

April 22, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Angels Camp, CA