Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Baden, PA

Is it helpful

May 17, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

This med is prescribed for those with unstable COPD factors and/or several hospital events in a short time. You should review all side effects and medicine interactions and discuss with your docs. Many meds should not be taken with other things like grapefruit juice and beta blockers, and this would be one of them. It comes in two dosage levels and is usually recommended to start off at the lowest for the first month. If you have commercial insurance (not Medicare) the Pharma offers a discounted plan for the first year of use. Here is a link describing the med and Savings plan more fully:
https://www.daliresp.com/savings-program.html
Take care.

May 19, 2022 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, my husband and I both take Daliresp and feel it made a great impact on getting us better. With Medicare and my supplemental insurance it is affordable for us, so I guess the expense depends on the type of insurance you carry. I have improved to the point that my pumonologist has said that I can quit taking it now but I am nervous about stopping it since I have done so well while taking it.

May 19, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Daliresp is often prescribed for people who have frequent exacerbations. It has been clinically proven to reduce exacerbations for people who have a significant chronic bronchitis aspect to their COPD.

May 17, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My doctor issued it to me last year but I could not afford it. My cost even with insurance was $400.00 ! Doctor and I figured it up and it was too expensive for my taste. Unfortunately cannot answer your question. Best of luck with it. God bless and take care.

May 18, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Washington, DC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Georgetown, IN