Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
brucejoel@msn.com
October 22, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had mine placed on Oct 19th. I returned to pulmonary rehab last week finally. So happy. I had lung reduction surgery on the right back in 1990. That was from a genetic issue. So 4 valves were just placed in my left lung. The only way I can explain my new breathing is strange. Probably because it's normal. Not 1 struggle, wheeze or 'hitch'. I can talk without stopping. I can eat a reg sized meal. It's just nice to experience normal again.

November 20, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member I had them put in 7 weeks ago
At the University of Michigan. 5 in my lower left lobe.. It's a life changer so far. I walk farther. Not as Sob.. My color is back. I'm warmer.. I can talk with out gasping for air. It's a great thing. Have any questions? Just ask.

October 23, 2022 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member
So glad to hear that!! Please keep in touch as time moves on!!
That is wonderful ‼️‼️

October 24, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I just qualified today and procedure will be scheduled ASAP as soon as my insurance approves, which DR is not concerned about as they do approve this treatment. It's not a cure but it is more likely to help a lot then make things worse which has happened in rare cases, but they're easily removed. I'm thrilled and had to test for a year. I was turned down bc of my first MRI but after a while he had me take another and it was ok for this. So now, the adventure begins. I am actually optimistic, a rare state of mind 🤩for me

June 1, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Excellent to hear, @A MyCOPDTeam Member - so glad the valves are working well for you.

Saturday, 05-NOV-22 @ 12:50am PST

November 5, 2022 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Greer, SC