Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
August 16, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I've never heard about a solution as you have described? Interesting. Note: I use a nebulizer and take a shot in my stomach on a daily basis. Ba Humbug. Is what you described a valid solution?

August 17, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Some can and some can’t get off oxygen, @A MyCOPDTeam Member. Please do a search on this site, using the magnifying glass, and searching under the word Zephyr to see who has and has not had success with the valves.

@A MyCOPDTeam Member had them taken out again.

@A MyCOPDTeam Member is thrilled with his valves.

Good luck, Monday night, 19-AUG-24

August 19, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Im curious what kind of testing do you under go to see if you are a candidate? From the comments I'm hearing they need replaced? How often? Does insurance pay for this?

August 19, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have had valves 5 years and went own to 1 litre from 2 at rest on oxygen .
2 litres from 4 on mobility .So depends how bad you are in first . I was end stage emphysema when had it done .You do notice difference when come round from op breathe a lot easier
Mine are about at end of use so surgeon offered to put some more in other lung pending tests

August 18, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I am going thru the "testing" phase now to see if I am a candidate. Wednesday I go for a CT scan to check on something having to do with percentages that my lungs are compromised. I am hoping the procedure will be a fit for me. I too, have the question regarding Oxygen. I am presently on 3.5 L all day/night. Will this procedure allow me to breathe without the additional Oxygen ? That would be so very nice !! Thank ya'll for responses. Fondly, Henny

August 18, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
brucejoel@msn.com

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
madison.wi