Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Winnipeg, MB

I do and have not seen any one I know for 2/and 1/2 years

November 27, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Good answer @A MyCOPDTeam Member even if we are answering a question that was asked back in 2022. If anyone can hide it, they won't be able to for long I bet.
July 24, 2025

July 24, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My doctors never used the term COPD until after I stopped smoking! No one talked about the changes that take place when Nicotine is removed from the body. More was hidden from Us than we are able to hide from ourselves.

When the many causes of Respiratory damage are all identified, the lines of COPD will be less blurry and a true definition will allow the real Work to begin on some curative treatments. My proof is in current acknowledgement that Environment, air quality, Pollution and even other diseases like Covid all have a role to play in Respiratory health.
I Look around. We're not in OZ anymore. Neither patients or healthcare "experts" should be able to hide behind the invisible curtain of this condition any longer.

November 29, 2022 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If someone can successfully hide it then they have no contact with anyone OR if you are able to hide it than you need a second opinion as to whether you actually have COPD

July 24, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Three years for me. My pulmonologist doesn't want me around people, so I stay very busy doing things I enjoy.

December 10, 2022
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was embarrassed for some time before I went out with my oxygen--hence staying home.

I now use my portable oxygen machined while I'm out. I remember when my sons were babies and you needed to pack everything needed, hold that while carrying one child and make sure the other was hanging onto my belt loop.

That is the way I feel when I go out--pack your life up.

I am getting much better at the embarrasment wearing it outside my home.

I was at the grocery store and a guy behind the salad counter mentioned that I was too young to be wearing oxygen. This embarrassed me.

Many times (older usually) stop me and ask about the portable machine. I like talking about it to someone who has a question.

Still trying to find something for a cannula that doesn't hurt my nose.

November 30, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Prichard Idaho