Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I’m realizing that my breathlessness and my fatigue especially my legs could be due to all the anxiousness and anxiety I feel constantly. The only thing that alleviates it is a glass of wine. I know not the solution. What does everyone for for that. Thanks everyone.

January 19, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Do you get any sort of exercise? I know that when I stop moving around, I start having a hard time breathing, I get winded very easily. I do COPD exercises from youtube and they really do help me a lot. I know that anxiety plays a big part in breathing also. I realize that now that I can't breathe just how easily my emotions affect my breathing. I try to stay as chill as possible, not letting things get to me.

January 19, 2023 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I think a lot of us have anxiety issues it isn't easy to control especially when having breathing difficulty so if a glass of wine helps always keep a full bottle close by LOL. Ernie

January 19, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Excercise isgreat. I go to the gym and use the one step machine, bike and some times weigh machines. I go twice a week.

January 19, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

If you have internet access. Check out ( You Tube) it’s free. They have (2) that apps show on my Samsung Tv. I have internet & tv with a cable company. Don’t pay anything for You Tube app use the free app. You will find a lot of stuff that might help you. Many people like myself suffer from depression & anxiety. Panic attacks. Try not to take any medications for anxiety you can get addicted, and eventually you will want to take more than you should. I know this because I take anxiety medication and have been for 20 years. It messes with your mind.
All the movie stars that overdosed got hooked and eventually their mind told them more. Find a good pulmonary-lung doctor. Just because they are doctors doesn’t necessarily make them good. Some people do yoga, purse breathing. I’m surprised a nurse practitioner gave you a prescription for anxiety medication. Where I live
Only a Doctor can do that. Know you are not alone. Most of us have the same mindset and feelings that you are feeling. 🤞

January 22, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You can take benzos but they are highly addictive. I take hydroxyzine. It is a prescription antihistamine that has calming effects. Good luck..

January 19, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Northampton, UK