Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
England, AR

My consultant has asked me to stop taking Roflumilast with a view to taking zarithamycin 3 times a week. I’ve been taking Roflumilast for 3 years, I’m not sure if it helped or not as I had pneumonia shortly after starting to take it and it’s taken a long time to recover from that (my consultant thinks the pneumonia was probably Covid and that I’ve had ‘long covid’
I’ve not taken it for a week and I feel more breathless - maybe the Roflumilast was working wonders - has anyone else stopped… read more

July 3, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Jean, many thanks for responding, that’s interesting information. I think anxiety is contributing a little - but I feel like somethings not right - I had the covid booster vaccine on Friday so that may also be contributing, I’ll see how things go.

July 3, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Both roflumilast and azithromycin have been clinically proven to reduce inflammation in the lungs and therefore reduce exacerbations. There is a current study called RELIANCE that is doing a real-world head to head comparison of the two to try to determine which one works best and for which people. We don't have results yet on the study. Neither roflumilast nor azithromycin are prescribed to improve breathing, though I don't suppose that precludes either making a difference in the patient's perceived ability to breathe. I personally would vote for anxiety..........

July 3, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Clarkston, WA

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lancashire uk