Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mantua, OH

I have grandchildren who I dearly love and who can only visit infrequently. They always have runny noses and I have copd. Does anyone else have that problem and what do you do? Thanks!

September 19, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Even before COVID, I let my daughter and step-daughters know that I didn’t want visits if any of the 8 grandkids were sick. They were very good about letting me know so we could cancel/reschedule. The grandkids are teenagers now so less likely to have colds but more likely to be exposed to COVID. My new rule is a COVID test before visits. That’s worked as I am still a COVID “virgin”. For my part, I have EVKM (Every Vaccine Known to Man).

September 23, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I just go to see them it’s ok for you to go I have had COPD for 21 years know just do wot ever you want to do it will be ok for you take care yourself

September 24, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mantua, OH