Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I have raynauds as well as copd. Pulse oximeters don’t seem to be accurate with this condition. Any suggestions?

October 2, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I also have Raynards disease, it is an autoimmune disease.the blood doesn’t flow to the affected fingers. What I find works is put a heated glove, or warm washcloth around the finger for a few minutes. When it’s warm use your oximeter. A doctor said the key is to keep the hands warm.

October 2, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have read that the pulse rate is often inaccurate on oximeter. Has been true for me. Better to use BP monitor for pulse.

October 11, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I think they are most accurate on your middle naughty sign finger, that is what I was told.

October 3, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I also have Raynauds. For some weird reason, the pulse ox only works on my right middle finger, even at the doctors office. When I went to Pulmonary Rehab the therapist used one that went on my ear.
Take Care🙂

October 2, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks Laccie! That’s a great idea. Are you on meds for raynauds? Thanks!

October 2, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Boston, MA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In