Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chicago, IL
November 26, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I understand your frustration. Nothing really seems to help. I live in Vancouver, BC, where the climate is often very rainy and humid and this seems to contribute to the shortness of breath.

November 28, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I get that feeling often and have been hospitalized several times because of it. My oxygen saturation is good, but it gets so hard to breathe.

November 28, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Make sure your pulmonologist is aware and it wouldn't hurt to see a cardiologist just to be sure it's not your heart instead of your lungs.

November 26, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, sometimes I have a very heavy crushing feeling in my chest. That's usually a day I know to take it easy and do a couple extra nebulizer treatments. Sometimes it's due to the fact that I was exposed to a trigger for my emphysema or that I have done too much physically. I also get pains under my ribs and a burning sensation not only in my chest but back also. I had a CT scan done recently and it showed some fluid around my heart. My pulmonologist thinks it may be my spleen. I believe it's from my rib cage expanding.

November 26, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Sandy Do have checked by a Doctor as it could be your Heart it’s worth getting it sorted
Take care
Eric x

November 26, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Macclesfield, UK