Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Worcester, MA
December 2, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I do not take prednisone of a daily basis; however, there are people who find that a daily low dose helps them tremendously. I know people who take between 1 and 5 mgs daily who function much better because of the prednisone. The only way to know if it will help you is to try it.

December 2, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I take 5mg Prednisone daily. At one point in time was on 60mg for close to a year.
No noticeable side effects with 5mg. 60mg was a nightmare!

December 3, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, 10mg per day.

December 20, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes

December 7, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

When I went to Fisetin after meals I was able to stop Prednisone and still control all the phlegm I get, but I still have it available in case I get a significant return of bronchitis or bronchiectasis. It depends on your own problems, not mine, so contact your doctor and tell him the full story of what is happening to you and how you feel.

December 6, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Berwick, ME

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Waterford, PA