Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Paris, TN

Went into the hospital to make sure it wasn't a heart attack i was having and I guess they said it wass Gerd but they took an xray of lungs. Of course I wasnt in there over my COPD and I seem to be breathing ok except when I moved around, I noticed I was more out of breath. I checked my results for my lungs and this was on there. Im having a lot of issues with breath and my heart rate has climbed. Not sure if it will clear up on its own or what. My lung Dr is out of Nashville and not around my… read more

January 16, 2024
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I never get to see my lung Dr just his nurse practitioner and she did a video visit with me to put me on 40 mg of predisone for 5 days then I knock it down to 20 for another 5. Told me it's expected for the hyperinflation and the other isn't anything to worry about 🙄 I need another Dr.

January 18, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hyperinflation of the lungs is when there is air trapped in them, breathing exercises & medication should help. Atelectasis is a collapsed lung ( or part of) caused by a blockage or pressure on the lung. Shallow breathing can cause this but usually caused by a blockage. You need to get seen !

January 16, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Waynesville, NC

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lebanon, PA