Answer Summary
Members who are newly diagnosed with COPD connected over the terrifying sensation of feeling strangled or choked, with many acknowledging that... Read more
Wanda hi,,,yes copd is bad,,,breathing ,,,,walking helps a lot,,,try not to get upset ,,,work light,,,sleep when you can a little,,,
Do you ever experience a sensation of being strangled or a choking feeling with COPD?
Yes, this feeling is something many people with COPD experience. That sensation of tightness or feeling like you're being choked can be frightening, but you're not alone in dealing with it.
This feeling often happens when your airways Show Full Answer
Drink plenty of Water!
thin the mucus with plenty of water so you can cough it up.
Mucinex may help also
Yes I have a pulse oximeter.. I have a pulmonologist I'm using an inhaler I do have a rescue inhaler as well... Thank you so much for responding
Only when I have a hard time coughing up a mucus plug. The one thing you don't want to do is panic. You relax and it will all clear up.
I see your new to this. But it usually takes something to cause it. The first thing you need to do is keep calm and lower your shoulders. Learn the PLB technique to help get your O2 levels back up. In the resource section you will learn a few different breathing technics. Lean them and practice every day. They will get you through this.
Do you have an oximeter to check your percentage of blood oxygen?Do you have a maintenance inhaler? Do you have a pulmonologist yet. Discuss this with her/him, your maintenance inhaler should help with that. Breathe Ez........