Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
April 13, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hot chicken broth before bedtime helps me when I’m struggling. It seems to thin secretions, and the saltiness of the broth seems to make the mucus plug at the back of my throat easier to cough up and out.

I also use Simply Saline nasal mist to help clear out the back of the throat congestion, but especially before bed time.

Good luck, and happy birthday month, @A MyCOPDTeam Member. It can be a huge challenge to figure out what may work the best.

Tuesday, 16-APR-24

April 16, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Maybe drink more water? A couple quarts a day to keep things moisturized and allows mucus to expel more easily. I find that plenty of water helps a lot of bodily functions

April 14, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use Musinex. (Not Musinex D)

April 16, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My Pulmonologist gave me Flonase to dry up any nasal leakage thru the night that would cause mucus gurgling. It does help...when I remember to use it.

April 16, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have loads of Fisherman’s Friends and think they are wonderful. Most of the mucus I have is in my throat and sometimes it’s hard to clear but Fisherman’s Friends seem to cut through it very quickly.. I hope never to be without any?,

April 13, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Steinbach, MB

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Syracuse, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In