Exactly right, @A MyCOPDTeam Member !
Your doc may want to help, but they don’t walk in your shoes and deal with your irritations and aggravations on a daily if not hourly rate.
Keep up with your own research and run it by the actual experts, as you’re only as lucky as their continuing education efforts progress. If they are too busy relying on stale info, that’s not something you can control. But, I did find a treatment in a CDC white paper with the supplement Reservatrol that the liver specialist knew nothing about for treating my NASH / MASH and NAFLD / MAFLD, and I shared it with her as well as ended that relationship (she pushed me off onto an obnoxious intern) and kept taking it on my own.
Every one of us tosses the dice and deals with the consequences of what we choose to do or not do. Hugs.
Tuesday afternoon, 26-AUG-25
I’ve been chasing this topic since I joined this site in about 2016, @A MyCOPDTeam Member. Sadly, the technology isn’t yet stable enough to provide long-term relief.
I’ve pretty much determined that Mesenchymal Stem Cell research is the area I think will yield the best results, but for everything I’m reading / have read, one needs to be a Rockefeller or other wealthy person to afford the harvesting process, as well as the cost for ongoing repeated infusions.
When I talked to the folks at the lung institute, it was going to cost $7k to $13k to harvest my cells, and 3 days in their hospital. Thereafter, they’d treat the harvested cells, and - eventually - infuse the cells via my blood.
Recent studies say that’s not the most effective way to get the stem cells into my lungs for greater healing, and that infusing the cells in the lung lining might work better.
These two articles may help with your research:
https://journal.copdfoundation.org/jcopdf/id/11....
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC82...
I hope you can find something to help you, and that these two articles are of interest. One key question you need to ask of any possible treatment providers is if the acceptance of a stem cell infusion would disqualify you from lung transplants.
According to my pulmonologist, the treatment they do to modify the stem cell before placing them back into your body may impact your cells at a DNA level, preventing you from qualifying for future transplant options due to not being able to predict your recovery or rejection likelihood.
Please keep us updated on what treatment(s) your considering or move forward with. Good luck.
Tuesday night, 07-MAY-24
I haven't heard of that. I'm getting the Zephyr valve procedure this summer.
That does not sound like a fun way to have started a “holiday” weekend, @A MyCOPDTeam Member. I hope your tests went smoothly, and that all results are benign.
Like @A MyCOPDTeam Member says, we’ll hope for good news for you.
Saturday night, 30-AUG-25
Hope you get a good report from your scan @A MyCOPDTeam Member! Chris
August 29, 2025