Part 2 of 2, Sunday night, 23-JUN-24
@A MyCOPDTeam Member, as you can see from the report tonight, I had three (3) oxygen falls between 1pm and 2:08pm (and the ring vibrated on my finger to quietly and unobtrusively alert me to the oxygen drop, allowing me to do deep breaths / pursed lip breathing to get the alarm to quit, and get my ox sats where they are supposed to be, above 92%), allowing me to be active and play bocce ball without feeling hampered by supplemental oxygen tools.
While I am still searching for a long battery life, backpack style unit for daytime use, this ring helps keep me active and not tethered to oxygen (when I don’t choose to be). I know I breathe too shallowly when sleeping or napping, so I choose to use the supplemental oxygen to protect my brain and other organs at those times when the oxygen help is clearly needed and not optional.
*** I’m not a doc, and this is not medical advice ***
I have found that using the SP02 continuous oxygen monitor ring by Wellue allows me to make informed decisions about when and whether or not I need supplemental oxygen, and the ring gives me the opportunity to learn if I can do without supplemental oxygen upon occasion without being a hazard to myself or others.
The fact that this unit’s design is so unobtrusive and FDA approved helped me feel more confident in my decision to continue to wait for the right supplemental oxygen unit vs putting up with crappy equipment that made me feel trapped and tethered..
Good luck in finding tools that work for your needs to give you the confidence that you’re not further damaging your body.
@A MyCOPDTeam Member there have been many people that have put on oxygen, and then have come @A MyCOPDTeam Member is our resident authority, and she isn't on right now so go read her story.
There have been several people who have been on and off. There's a man who has gotten off, gotten sick but gotten better and back off the 02, wish I could remember his name. @A MyCOPDTeam Member might know his name. And yes, exercise seems to be the answer along with a pulmonologist who is positive, pro-active with the knowledge about everything available to treat with an open mind.
You could also look for a rainbow sparkly unicorn and maybe it knows of one lol
Not if you have COPD.it’s a progressive disease you are going to need it always
Exactly right, @A MyCOPDTeam Member. We don’t know what anyone else is struggling to face, so lead with kindness.
As for the “old lady” label, I embraced it at 55, and I love it, too ! Suddenly, everyone sees me as harmless and laughs vs leading with being offended. Loving it !
Tuesday morning, 25-JUN-24
Please remember that you wouldn’t judge anybody on crutches, because they clearly need the help. Ditto a cane or a walker, @A MyCOPDTeam Member.
Other than checking out everyone’s fashion sense (oh, those shoes do NOT go with that dress! 👀 ) we are all too busy living our lives to care what anyone else is doing. Oxygen may feel like a badge of dishonor, but it’s just another tool to allow us to get out and participate in the world.
Do you have chairs on your front porch? Practice going out into the garden or sitting on your front stoop or porch, if you have one, to watch the world go by. It will be absolutely easier with practice.
The cheapest I’ve gotten my Wellue SP02 ring is about $149 @A MyCOPDTeam Member, so shop around for the best price and coupons.
Happy Monday night, 24-JUN-24
.