Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I’m in Southern California so we’re a hop away,but I think I read someplace that the altitude messes with your breathing.is that true? Thank you!!💜💜

July 11, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It most certainly can make it harder to breathe airplanes of pressurized to 8000 to10000 ft You could use your concentrator on a plane, but you have to have the right FAA approved .when you buy your ticket you have to fill out paperwork very simple . they will not let you bring oxygen tanks on a plane, they don’t supply Oxygen. It made a difference for me when I started using my concentrator on the plane the best to ask. your doctors. Hope you

July 11, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi KellieOkeefe , I flew from New Zealand to Australia and despite my severe COOD , experienced a trouble free 3 hour flight.
I do not rely on oxygen yet.
Walking long airport corridors can be challenging so I always give myself plenty of time.
Once when feeling ill I requested wheelchair support and it was provided without hesitation .

July 12, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you💜💜

July 18, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Flying is hard. But with an oxygen concentrator it is bearable. I try to just settle in the seat and be as calm as possible. Not to move until the plane is descending again. But it is doable

July 16, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you!!💜💜

July 13, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Huddersfield, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Camborne, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Louisville, KY