Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Iowa City, IA
November 25, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My voice becomes hoarse at times and it's sometimes because I can go for 3 or 4 days and not have anyone to talk to. It's startling sometimes if I make or get a call and my voice sounds like a croak! I think I have to start talking to myself around the house more and see if it helps. This frogette was too silly to pass up and not post!

November 25, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My voice has historically been smooth, low, and deep, which was quite handy in my sales career. However, it now often sounds raspy, like a credit card scratched against sandpaper. I think it's a side effect of the inhalers and nebulizer. Orange tea with ginger, honey, and lemon sometimes helps. Good luck!

November 28, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, lose my voice also get really scratchy harsh voice I was thinking maybe the inhalers.

December 2, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sometimes I cuss like a sailor when my oxygen line gets caught on something...does that count? LOL!! 😂

November 28, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes my voice changes from time to time, as I do feel not so great at all. I just keep trying to push and move on.

November 25, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Walnut Creek, CA