Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

My new pulmonologist is advising this to me 'Lung volume reduction coil/valve treatment' (minimally invasive bronchoscopic treatment option for emphysema patients who suffer from severe hyperinflation), of course if and only if my exams say it could be ok regarding my lungs.
Thank you very much for your precious input in this matter.πŸ₯°
And in advance a very Joyful Christmas !πŸŽ„πŸ’– 🧸

December 19, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Happy Christmas to you .I am just thankful we live in a time help us available to make our quality of life better

December 20, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have stage 4 emphysema/asthma I had 3 valves fitted in my left lung 5 years ago .Felt the difference as soon as I woke up .Stay in hospital 5 days as have x ray every day to.maje sure staying in place .Only now not so efficient .Had the best out of them because I carried on attending my chair classes every week .
Not able to have in right lung as got to be certain layout Lots of tests for suitable candidate .Not a cure but breathing a lot easier .Surgeon is planning a LVRS by keyhole surgery for me next year
Never told if age limit I'm 68 now and if lung been suitable could if had instead of keyhole .Limit for me to have lung transplant us 72 but not sure if I want to go down this route

December 19, 2024 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

No, I don't know anyone, but I'm very interested! I know there are risks, but you stay in the hospital to be monitored, I think 3days. Keep us posted please. Happy Holidays to you Dominique πŸŽ„πŸ™

December 19, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member At least, the valves has allowed you to live a better life for some years which is very important "quality over quantity". I've heard too that the benefits doesn't last very long but in the meantime what a pleasure! Have a magic Christmas πŸŽ„, Love & Tenderness.πŸ’žπŸŽ„

December 20, 2024
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member I have heard good things. Removes the Non-functioning part of the lungs which gives more room for the other organs to expand like the diaphragm, which when free to function properly allows you to Breath better

December 19, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Melbourne, AU

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Cleveland, OH

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In