Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
February 1, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member Keep us in the loop, would you. If your pulmonologist confirm Melatonin supplementation could help with COPD inflammation - I'll be happy to take some! Hugs

February 2, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you for the great Information. Do you know why the pulmonologist told you to take melatonin for only a short period of time? Does that mean just a few months?
Sorry you have to wake up so much, to hydrate during the night. I wake up a couple times on a good night. When I do, I take CBD and Tylenol to go back to sleep for another 3 to 4 hours with water. Then I take a spoonful of Gaviscon so I don’t get heartburn. The product called “Spry” I find helpful for dry mouth at night. It’s a spray. They also have gum and things for the daytime
@A MyCOPDTeam Member

February 2, 2025 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have a couple of friends and relatives that take that for a sleep aide at night, but none of them have COPD; they say it helps them with the sleep. I know a lot of COPDers have trouble sleeping, so maybe that is the way it helps with COPD?? I don't know, but it sounds logical to me.

February 1, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have read that. I take 40mg nightly but can't really pin point if it helps.

February 1, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hello again, Victoria. I do not recall the caution about low doses and short durations but I have done a lot of research about drug metabolism as I mentioned in another post recently. I suspect it has a lot to do with these facts about Melatonin in particular:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-me...
You will notice the "COPD connection" is not included here at all. 🤔😎

IF you add "+CYP450" when you Google your medication name you will hone in on more of the same type of stuff that is printed on hat long sheet of paper that comes with our pills.

In reality, medication(s) are all we have to restore some balance to whatever dis-Ease we are dealing with. My doc knows I understand these things so I take his changes with little resistance. I'm running out of Fight - and the luxury of a lot of Choices.
be Well.

Melatonin
Melatonin
February 3, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cornwall, CT