Learn to slow down and do your house cleaning in steps rather than trying to do it all at once. Doubt if there is a medication that will make you feel like the Energizer Bunny.
June 22
I know this probably isn't what you want to hear but you will be better off cleaning couple rooms at a time..take a break and then continue. Limitations come with COPD
June 21
Being short of breath during physical activity like cleaning is really common with COPD, and it makes sense to wonder if there's more that can be done medically. It's absolutely worth having a conversation with your doctor about your current treatment plan.
Depending on what inhalers you're already on, there may be options Show Full Answer
Being short of breath during physical activity like cleaning is really common with COPD, and it makes sense to wonder if there's more that can be done medically. It's absolutely worth having a conversation with your doctor about your current treatment plan.
Depending on what inhalers you're already on, there may be options to explore, such as:
- Combination inhalers that pair a long-acting bronchodilator with a corticosteroid (steroid), which can be more effective at reducing flare-ups and improving breathing
- Nebulizer therapy, which delivers medication as a mist and requires no special breathing technique — this can be helpful for people with more severe COPD
- PDE4 inhibitors, a type of medication that helps reduce airway inflammation and may decrease flare-ups Beyond medication, it's also worth thinking about the cleaning environment itself. Fumes, dust, and strong scents from cleaning products can make breathing much harder. Switching to fragrance-free, "green" cleaning products — or having someone else do the cleaning — can make a real difference in how you feel during and after.
Bringing all of this up with your doctor is the best next step. Let them know cleaning leaves you breathless so they can review whether your current treatment is optimized.
June 12
What use to take 10 minutes now maybe 1 hour and I figured it will get done and I can't say that I don't have anything to do
June 25
I do the breathing exercises and not the inhaler because then you need to rinse after and sometimes I don't have anything to rinse after I use the inhaler unless I carry water but I don't have anymore hands besides the 2 that I have @ jeffzingale
June 12