Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ketchikan, AK
February 9, 2025
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Community members came together to check on a long-absent member named Joyce, sharing what they remembered about her life, including her love... Read more

Community members came together to check on a long-absent member named Joyce, sharing what they remembered about her life, including her love of animals, her sons, and her home in Connecticut. Several members took meaningful steps to locate her, including searching obituaries, reaching out to her son Michael, and sending emails, finding some comfort when no obituary could be found. A recurring theme was the deep care this community has for one another, the sadness of losing touch over time, and the hope that Joyce is simply unable to connect rather than gone.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member I have been trying to connect up with Joyce for ages. We used to email back and forth almost every day. Then I sent her a Christmas card last year and have not heard a word from her since. I have tried face book, messenger, email and I even tried to contact her son, but I suppose since he doesn't know my name he wasn't going to answer me. I have not heard from Joyce since just before Christmas last year. I cannot use the telephone or I would try calling her. I know she was having a lot of pain all over, but mostly her hands and said she couldn't type long emails anymore. She said she always read what everyone had to say on this site, but commented very infrequently. She sold her house to her son and she lived in the upstairs of that house, so her son was always handy if she needed him. She had another son named John, but I don't know if his last name was Cook or not, but he was also very good to her. I am going to try to get through to Michael today some time and hope he will answer me this time, so if I hear anything I will let you know. This post can also go to @A MyCOPDTeam Member and kmcdevitt since they also wondered about Joyce. Hugs to all, Chris February 10, 2025

February 10, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, @A MyCOPDTeam Member and @A MyCOPDTeam Member I did look in Joyce's home town for obituaries in her name. I tried several different suggested sites and none of them came up with her name, so she must just be unable to write to us anymore.
That's kind of a relief actually. So I guess I will still keep writing to her in spite of the fact that she can't answer. Take care you all and talk to you soon! Chris February 12, 2025

February 12, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I agree that Joyce loved the animals. She used to tell me she liked them better than some people; who doesn't?? lol @A MyCOPDTeam Member

February 10, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have not heard from @A MyCOPDTeam Member in a couple years, @A MyCOPDTeam Member. Someone had said she was moving in with a family member and perhaps she lost her internet connection. I believe she lived in a rural part of CT? I was a friend of hers on this site a few years ago and makes one realize how many disappear over time and leaves us wondering and being thankful for getting more time. There are too many, unfortunately!! I need to go and check my team members to see who I have not heard from. 🙏Take care!! John Sun PM

February 9, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thanks for checking, @A MyCOPDTeam Member! We should remain positive. I don't know why her address says "Connecticut, CT"? We can only hope for the best! I hope everyone has a good day!! Take care!😀 John Wedns AM

February 12, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Midlothian, IL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In