Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Njarðvík, IS
April 5, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't. I have problems with smell and odors they seem to make my breathing worse. doesn't matter if it is a pleasant smell like perfume or flowers, or if it is bad exhaust they make it hard for me to breathe.
Though some people it does not bother and use them to help calm down.
Just thought I would chime in and let you know a why not. If it helps you use it. we are all different. Breathe Ez.....

April 6, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I can't use essential oils either. All odors and aromas bother me and cause me to cough. I was at the supermarket this afternoon and had a terrible time finishing my shopping because of the various odors that caused me to cough non-stop. It was quite embarrassing. I was wishing that I had ordered home delivery.

April 6, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use a diffuser withEucalyptus and Peppermint. Works great!

April 5, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I also have trouble with any essentials oils etc. Irritates my breathing.

April 6, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Portland, OR

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Brunswick, Canada