Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Stockton, CA
April 17, 2025
 · 
Reactions
Video: The Best Way To Take Respiratory Medications and Treatments Read Article...
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I got mine when I explained to my pulmonologist I was having a hard time coughing up some of the thick phlegm. He gave me a device right there in the office. No charge. It is an "AerobikA". I mostly use it when I am having a hard time coughing up some phlegm that is stuck in an airway. [You know we all have had them, knowing it needs to come out and even makes a whistling sound when you breathe.] It is hard to get enough air behind it to do the huffing cough and get them out.
Well the doctor explained doing 4 or8 breaths though the device will help loosen the phlegm up and allow me to clear it out.
You can also hook it up to your nebulizer but thus far I use it all by it self.

So next visit just ask the doctor for it or call his office I bet he could have one sent out.
I have also heard you can buy them on Amazon.

April 18, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Troy, OH

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Salem, WV

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ormond Beach, FL