Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ormond Beach, FL

I use this after I do a abuterol nebulizer and saline then I use my flutter it vibrates the mucus loose.

March 27
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Good morning, yes I was given an Aerobika also, I do use it on occasions, but not when I'm not coughing or feeling the phlegm. My understanding it was just for breathing exercises. I will start using it more.

March 29
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes I got mine from my doctor also. I didn’t realize that till I read it. Thanks mike

March 28
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes! My doctor gave that to me when I was having troubles coughing up phlegm. He calls them mucus plugs. it works great any time you have one stuck that is not coughing out.
Did you know you can hook it up to your nebulizer an do both at the same time. Just replace it with the mouthpiece plug right into the round hole at the other end of the AerobikA.
Flutter devices are also good for lung exercises.

March 28
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes. Works good. I hydrate 10-15 minutes before I do it. It really helps get more up.

March 27
MyCOPDTeam

Are you asking about using a flutter valve device like the Aerobika for mucus clearance?

Yes, many people with COPD use flutter devices as part of their treatment routine! Using your Aerobika after nebulizer treatments with albuterol and saline is actually a smart approach.

The sequence you're following makes sense:

- Show Full Answer

Are you asking about using a flutter valve device like the Aerobika for mucus clearance?

Yes, many people with COPD use flutter devices as part of their treatment routine! Using your Aerobika after nebulizer treatments with albuterol and saline is actually a smart approach.

The sequence you're following makes sense:

- The albuterol helps relax and open your airways
- The saline helps loosen mucus
- The flutter device then uses vibrations to help break up and move that mucus so you can cough it out more easily

A nebulizer can be combined with a flutter device to help reduce chest congestion and deliver medication effectively. The vibrations from the flutter valve work to mobilize mucus in your airways, making it easier to clear.

This type of airway clearance technique can be really helpful for managing COPD symptoms, especially if you're dealing with excess mucus production. Keep up with this routine if it's working well for you, and make sure to discuss your technique with your healthcare provider to ensure you're getting the most benefit from it.

March 27

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lawrenceburg, IN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
State College, PA