Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lawrenceburg, IN

I dnt have one on my nebulizer --do you find it helps clean your lungs? Mine is the mask-- I don't feel as if it cleans my lungs

April 15, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Mucinex is great! My Trilogy is supposed to get carbon dioxide & mucous out of lungs. But when I take it off in morning, it takes a while to breathe normal. Trial & error, I guess.

April 15, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have both the flutter valve is supposed to break up mucus soyou can get it out the nebulizer is to make it easier to breathe

April 15, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, I have backed off Mucinex recently. I think from taking it so often, it doesn't work like it used to. My body is probably getting used to it. Another one I have tried is Robitussin DM severe....or a generic brand. It takes away that horrible tickle. And drink lots of water, which I forget....love my iced tea! Lol! Just as we get to know COPD better, things that worked, don't anymore. I hope this helps!! Hugs!

August 16, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

My muccinex isnt helping this time

June 20, 2021
A MyCOPDTeam Member

A flutter valve, aerobika or acapella are all the same sort of thing. They all use sound and air waves to get into the lungs and try to cause movement that helps mucous get moving. If you have a lot of mucous and constant coughing, they can be very helpful in getting mucous up and out. Using a nebulizer will also help mucous get loosened up. Mucinex is also helpful.

April 15, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Northampton, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ormond Beach, FL