Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
State College, PA

This would include the Acapella brand and any other brand. Are they worth the price? Do they accomplish what they claim to do?
Thank you.

October 21, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hello, a flutter valve helps by vibrating into the lungs to loosen the mucus so that it can be coughed up. I have used the acapella and for myself although it did the job , for me it was hard to use. A few months ago, in my toughest recovery to date, I was given a different device, which i have found to be for me, more effective, the Aerobika. I have found this to be very gentle but efficient in moving the mucus. I started on the first of 5 settings and was on the 5th before I left the hospital. I use the Aerobika a few times a day . I don't usually have a cough, and I'm unable to keep the mucus moving, so this device works really well for me.
I have no idea on the price of either of these devices as where I am they are given free.

October 21, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Many people find that a flutter valve is a good tool for mucus reduction and control. Many people use them daily as part of their daily mucus clearance program. They are generally highly recommended and effective especially for people who have a lot of mucus.

October 22, 2023
A MyCOPDTeam Member

It depends on the person . I have Bronciectasis. I’m so sensitive. The Acapella made me cough up blood. Especially don’t use it if you’re having an episode

October 21, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ormond Beach, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Northampton, UK