Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I have been invited to take my next Covid Jab, But in 2 minds should i have it or not i was ill after the last one. and i am sick of being ill

April 26, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Good morning @A MyCOPDTeam Member. Only you can decide if you want another COVID shot or not. My pulmonologist highly recommends that I get one, but I have only had the original two and one booster; I chose not to have anymore and so far I have been fortunate enough not to get COVD. I can certainly understand that you are sick of being sick so I am just telling you what works for me--so far. Hugs and luck, Chris

April 26, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi John. One thing you can be sure of. The COVID vaccine and all the boosters (which I have taken all) will react differently for each individual. I say this only because I have caught COVID and tested positive at my doctor's office 3 different dates during the past 8 months after I had received all the shots. One time landed me in the hospital with pneumonia. Yes, I had also received the pneumococcal pneumonia vaccine. Like I said, the vaccines react differently in each individual. Good Luck with your decision.

May 13, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Everyone is different some react very badly others not so bad I myself have never had one but it's allways the only one to answer your question Billy is yourself .

April 30, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi @A MyCOPDTeam Member - darn, it's been a long time since we've touched bases! If you elect to not get the jab, I suggest you use a mask or shield when you go out. I use a shield as I can't breathe well if I try a mask. Don't recall if you know I'm on continuous flow O2. It's a challenge with various sized cylinders when we go out but Denny is wonderful at managing them. And the hounds have gotten used to the large cylinders and their carts in the van. Hope your hounds are doing well. Shuks will be 9 this year and Wicca is 7. A whippet "RooRoo" to you and yours πŸ˜‰ As always... Narrowdog

April 26, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I just had my semi-annual covid booster shot, I had a bit of a sore arm the next day and felt a little crappy but not ill at all. Was better a day after that!

April 29, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Jonesborough, TN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Tracy, CA