Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Brewster, NY
June 23, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I use oxygen 24/7. When showering I make sure the window is open, fan is on and doors or curtains are slightly open on both sides for cross ventilation. The water must be warm not hot, to reduce steam. I remove the canula when washing hair or face (don't want to blow soap or water up my nose). I make sure I have taken my medication at least 30 minutes prior to the water party. The other thing I do is take my time and slow down. washing my hair and drying off can get me breathless pretty quick.

June 25, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I would be filthy if I couldn't use oxygen in the shower. I have to have CO2 at all times. Makes all the difference. You can hang it over the curtain if needed. You can sit for all or some of the time with a shower chair... you can find them pretty cheap..new or used. Have your towels and phone close at hand
If you still get winded sit down. I have to really plan ahead when I need a shower. Even with oxygen, it can be a challenge and a bit scary in the shower.

June 26, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have also seen where people have suggested investing in a terrycloth robe (and possibly slippers?) to put on after a shower; eliminates the arm use and dries your body. Soft terrycloth slippers would be good too so you don't have to bend over @A MyCOPDTeam Member and @DougGus. Hope you both have a great day!

June 25, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have and it didn't hurt anything. I have a hook right outside the shower that I use to hold my hose just in case I need it.

June 23, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

No problem keeping oxygen on in the shower it helps

June 26, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Halifax, NS

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Georgetown, IN