Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I do have access to oxygen and a nebulizer and a regular inhalor and an emergency inhalor.

July 6, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I check my oximeter often. Once in a while it goes below 90 and then I use my oxygen My main concern is that I seem to need to be taking antibiotics all the time because of congestion, coughing etc. Sometimes I need to request steroids because the antibiotics have not worked completely but my pulmonologist is reluctant to give me steroids so then I continue to have issues with breathing.

July 6, 2025
MyCOPDTeam

Living alone with COPD can feel scary, but having a plan in place can help provide peace of mind. Consider getting a pulse oximeter to monitor your oxygen levels at home - a good saturation level is between 90-92%. If readings are consistently lower, contact your doctor.

Keep all your breathing equipment (oxygen Show Full Answer

Living alone with COPD can feel scary, but having a plan in place can help provide peace of mind. Consider getting a pulse oximeter to monitor your oxygen levels at home - a good saturation level is between 90-92%. If readings are consistently lower, contact your doctor.

Keep all your breathing equipment (oxygen, nebulizer, inhalers) organized in an easily accessible location. Having everything in one designated spot can help reduce anxiety and ensure you can find what you need quickly. Create a contingency plan that includes:
- Setting up medication mail-order service
- Having extra supplies of necessary medications
- Keeping emergency contact numbers visible
- Arranging regular check-ins with family/friends via phone or video chat
- Ensuring your oxygen supplier has a clear plan for routine deliveries

Remember to avoid triggers like extreme temperatures and keep your home clean to minimize indoor air pollutants. Consider asking family members or hiring help for household cleaning tasks if needed.

July 6, 2025

Related Questions

View All