Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Nashville, TN
August 10, 2025
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Emily. I had been short of breath for quite some time before I got COVID. Turns out, I already had early stage emphysema, but a bout with COVID kicked me into stage 3 in 2021. I've been on oxygen since Christmas day 2021 when I got put in the hospital with COVID and kept for 11 days. Make sure you get your pneumonia and flu shots. I refused the COVID shot because things just didn't add up and 2 perfectly acceptable treatments were banned in favor of making everyone get that shot. I've only had COVID just the one time.

August 16, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have emphysema and I tend to get Covid. My experience with Covid is every time we go to a Christmas party for a large group on the holidays. I seem to come down with Covid three times.. I’ve learned to pay attention to my symptoms, test test and test my contact. My doctor immediately do the treatment that’s necessary no fun last time I got Covid. I lost my sense of taste. Seven months and it just now starting to come back. there’s a certain group of family members that we normally see. I’m not going to their outings anymore because they’re on the vaccination side of things just doesn’t work for me.

August 10, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Nashville, TN

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭