Hi Debbie. This is a known side effects of the nebulizer med. You should know that Albuterol also comes in a PILL form, but the Docs like to keep this in the toolbox for emergency use only.
Another option is the "cousin" to Albuterol described in the article below:
https://www.goodrx.com/compare/levalbuterol-vs-...
It is designed just for the side effects you point out, but comes at a higher price. Your Doc will help you understand why she insists on one or the other based on ALL your conditions.
be Well π
You may need to graduate to a different medication daily and just use your albuterol as a rescue. Fun bit of knowledge: my daily medication is, cash price,
$787.36π. Thank God for medicaid and disability.
I was hospitalized twice after using a nebulizer. It was not the medication but I realized I can't use the nebulizer. I could not breathe at all. The nurses had to chart my reaction to any nebulizer treatments. I actually threw mine away.
Yes, there are alternative medications that can be used in nebulizers. The shaking and muscle spasms you're experiencing are known side effects of albuterol. Some alternative options include:
β’ Levalbuterol - a different type of bronchodilator that may have fewer side effects
β’ Corticosteroids - help reduce inflammation in Show Full Answer
I have an allergy to abuterol. Makes me short of breath. Leverbuteral inhaler did nothing for me. So I don't have one. I use my nebulizer with Duo Neb. Carefully. Makes me shaky. I have ET also. And short of breath. It's a total nightmare every day for me with medication. I'm also on BREZTRI. Some days great.some days not so great. Every day is a challenge with meds. I'm on that Ohtuvayre study also. Hope things improve just alittle would be nice.