Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I am on 1 liter at night, 2 during day, 24/7.

August 31, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member when my normal on constant flow was 2-3 I plugged my inogen g5 in on setting 3 to sleep and woke the next morning feeling fine. I wouldn't do it again unless I was in an emergency situation with no other option. Inogen tells people they can use it 24/7 and Inogen shouldn't because people will breathe differently at night.

September 1, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

>First off, you should discus it with your doctor.
>Secondly, it depends on how well you do with the POC as they are mostly all pulse dose. It is harder to get used to and to breathe with.
>Thirdly, your oxygen supplier can have a unit delivered ahead of time to any location you will be staying over night. You just need to set it up ahead of time. A lot of people use it for trips, hotels stays, cruises, even visiting family across the state.
>Last, I do it. I have an Inogen G5. I can plug it in and put a 7' hose on, it will keep me dosed well enough. The good and interesting part to that is the POC has an alarm which goes off if no breathe is detected. I was supplied to lear I do stop breathing several time during the night. I am only on 2L at night.

Hope that helps you make your decision. But we are all different and have our own ways to handle things. Breathe Ez........

September 1, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I agree 100% with the computer above.
Have you tried to do it at home for a few hours with home unit readily available?
I personally have to be on a continuous flow machine and have very short trips with a POC. My ease of breathing changes pretty fast.

August 31, 2025 (edited)
MyCOPDTeam

This is an important medical equipment decision that should be discussed with your healthcare provider before making any changes. Portable oxygen concentrators (POCs) and continuous flow systems deliver oxygen differently, and switching between them could affect your oxygen levels while sleeping.

When traveling, it's Show Full Answer

This is an important medical equipment decision that should be discussed with your healthcare provider before making any changes. Portable oxygen concentrators (POCs) and continuous flow systems deliver oxygen differently, and switching between them could affect your oxygen levels while sleeping.

When traveling, it's recommended to bring your regular stationary concentrator for nighttime use to maintain consistent oxygen delivery that your body is accustomed to. If you must travel, here are some key safety considerations:

• Always bring at least 20% more oxygen than you think you'll need
• Make sure any equipment meets necessary requirements
• Have a backup plan in case of equipment issues
• Never leave oxygen equipment in hot environments

For overnight stays, it's generally safest to use the same oxygen delivery system your body is used to, especially during sleep when your breathing patterns change.

August 31, 2025

Related Questions

View All