Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
March 26
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

MichaelZerjav
I use a different portable unit. How do you like the Inogen? Does Medicare Insurance cover it, or is it one you have to buy?
Have a good weekend and be safe.

March 28
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I dithe same thing w my Ingeon. I have two extra batteries which I keep charged just in case. I use my big Ingeon concentrated at home. I stay on 3 liters all the time sitting or walking around doctor said that’s find. I don’t turn it down at night when I sleep. My saturation is 95-97 always. That works for me.

March 28
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes @A MyCOPDTeam Member, it does drain the battery quicker. But you won't struggle to breathe like you are.
I have a large battery and a small one as a back up. I also will plug in with the car adapter while driving in the car. Sometimes I take my charging cord with me and plug in a t a friends house to extend my time there. There are ways to work around it yet. I have an Ingen g5 and people say it is no worse than herring the fridge run, they really don't notice the noise. I am just more aware because I am the one using the POC. Good luck hope it helps you.
It took me two months to learn how to deal with the pulse dose. That is another issue you may be having.

March 28 (edited)
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you MichaelZerjav
I will try a higher setting although it will be noisy and drain battery quickly. Have a good day.

March 27
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sometimes I need to use my small oxygen tank (on wheels) instead of my POC to get around especially when I have a flare up.

March 27

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭