Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Have not gotten my results from pulmonar y evaluation I hate to get medicación for anziety but I think I’m going to have to, but has any one dealt with morning and have noticed if it makes the copd worse?

September 13, 2025
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members rallied around someone newly diagnosed with COPD who was struggling with nighttime shortness of breath, anxiety, and the recent loss... Read more

Members rallied around someone newly diagnosed with COPD who was struggling with nighttime shortness of breath, anxiety, and the recent loss of a sister and close friend. Several members shared practical tips like sleeping elevated, using supplemental oxygen at night, taking daily walks, staying current on flu and pneumonia vaccines, and keeping the mind busy with books or hobbies to reduce stress and improve sleep. A recurring theme was that anxiety and overthinking can make breathing harder, and that starting counseling, contacting the doctor for test results, and leaning on community support are all important steps toward healing.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

Yes, Let it go. You're an over thinker. Stop worrying about it. Because worrying about it will get your stress levels up and also affect your heart and lungs.

You haven't even gotten the full report. You don't have any idea how severe. It is newly diagnosed. You're not going to die, we live for decades with this. Just like people that live with diabetes and neuropathy, you're going to live with this. Panic cause your body to tighten up and make it harder to breathe. That will set off a flare up. So you need to stop over thinking it and worrying. The less sleep you get the harder it will be on your lungs.
If you're going to be OCD about it you need to see your GP and get some antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications. You're only making your condition worse....
Breathe Ez.............

September 14, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Sleep elevated up. No one with COPD can sleep flat. Don't be afraid of your diagnosis. Quit smoking immediately and start exercising.

September 13, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

You are a nervous wreck!!! I mean this kindly, Kandy but you are really harming yourself with all this self-talk. Michael @A MyCOPDTeam Member has offered excellent advice. Your mind is wildly going in all directions that are just crazy what-ifs!! Call your doctor and see if your Pulmonary Function tests are in. That will give a complete picture of the condition of your lungs and what treatments are needed, if any. Yes, I have osteoporosis, very serious osteoporosis, but that is just one of the many ailments I have in addition to many others. We learn to treat an live with them all. Most of us have multiple health issues, not at all unusual. You are going to make it. Keep yourself busy with something other than thinking about yourself. Immerse yourself in a good book, a hobby, some activity that gives you pleasure and you'll find that you will have a better night's sleep. In fact, reading a good book before falling asleep usually insures a good sleep. Best wishes @A MyCOPDTeam Member

September 18, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Good advice, @A MyCOPDTeam Member! I sleep with 2 pillows under my head, take vitamin C (1,000mg), Mullein, B-12 (for energy), and exercise ( walking @ a mile to 2.5 mi almost daily) as well as AM stretching and sit ups. I make sure to have my annual flu shot and pneumonia vaccine @ every 5 years. It seems to work for me...so far. Take care, stay active, and stay well! John 😀

September 13, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you so very much for the reassuring words! I’ve been doing research and have found there is a strong link between mourning and lung function or health, interesting, I always appreciate everyone’s support thank you so very much! I need to get out of my head and it’s going to be a few months because of where I live and insurance to see a pulmonary specialist but I’m so excited to start

September 21, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Huntington Beach, CA