Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Copd emphysema. Diagnosed almost a year ago . I haven’t seen a pulmonologist yet . I’m tired / sleepy and out of breath unless I sit still and nebulize regularly . I’m also depressed even more now .

February 12
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, @A MyCOPDTeam Member had some good advice about making the appointment sooner than later.

Depression and anxiety can be side effects of dealing with COPD, and while I’m neither a doc nor a medical professional, I can recommend that you set up activities you enjoy to help you fight the lethargy and defeatist fatigue you’re experiencing.

Having something to anticipate and look forward to doing really helps me when I’m fighting aggravation and trying to stay engaged with the world. I hope it serves the same purpose for you.

Friday, mid-day, 20-FEB-26

February 20
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I forgot to tell you that dehydration will cause sleepy/fatigue issues. It will also cause the mucus in your lungs too thick to cough it out which makes it harder to breathe.

February 20
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Good luck with your appointment, @A MyCOPDTeam Member.

If you can, get the practice that moved to send you a copy of the prior test for your records. It’s always helpful to compare your test results over time.

Take care of you. Early Monday morning, 02-MAR-26

March 2
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Found a Pulmonologist that I’m seeing Wednesday. So we’ll see how that goes . Thank god for this nebulizer and albuterol . Someone asked a question . I went to a pulmonologist to have that breathing test a while ago and was diagnosed with emphysema. The practice moved right after the test was done . I was diagnosed by my GP . I’m going to have the test done again and have the Pulmonary Dr look at it . Unfortunately I. Smoked for years and a year and a half ago started noticing the shortness of breath and lack of energy then it got worse . Taking it one day at a time . Thanks to everyone.

March 1
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Suggestion.
Make an appointment with a pulmonologist tomorrow, they are very busy it can be difficult to get one in a reasonable time frame. Call you GP doctor about the fatigue issue. you might want to try increasing your water intake (this is a big deal for me).
I also take vitamins because they help my brain function properly.

February 18

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Warrington, UK