Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chiefland, FL
September 16, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

When I get dizzy, I start looking into other things too. Blood pressure, low blood sugar, Kidney issues. I don't mean to sound scary, but any number of things can cause dizziness.

September 16, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I too get dizzy a lot from COPD. I am on oxygen 24/7 but still get dizzy, especially in the shower.

November 22, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I think dizziness goes with COPD. I also suffer from this and my doctor told me that it comes from low oxygen in the blood.

October 9, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, I've never heard of cutting back on diuretic dose to stop dizziness. Would you let us know if that worked?

October 8, 2025
MyCOPDTeam

Yes, dizziness can be a common symptom experienced by people with COPD. This often happens because COPD can affect oxygen levels in your blood, which in turn can make you feel lightheaded or dizzy, especially during physical activities or exertion.

Here are some situations when COPD-related dizziness might occur
• During Show Full Answer

Yes, dizziness can be a common symptom experienced by people with COPD. This often happens because COPD can affect oxygen levels in your blood, which in turn can make you feel lightheaded or dizzy, especially during physical activities or exertion.

Here are some situations when COPD-related dizziness might occur:
• During physical activities like walking or climbing stairs
• When getting up too quickly from sitting or lying down
• During breathing difficulties or shortness of breath
• After periods of overexertion If you're experiencing frequent dizziness, it's important to:
• Take breaks during activities
• Move slowly when changing positions
• Stay well hydrated
• Use your prescribed inhalers as directed
• Monitor your oxygen levels if you have a pulse oximeter
• Contact your healthcare provider if dizziness becomes severe or frequent

September 16, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭