When your pulmonologist prescribes it.
Truth be known they only prescribe it when they see you're struggling to keep active and do your exercises. As it is a rehab to train you to to get back in shape. As long as your staying active and not struggling with your condition you are doing fine.
I asked my doctor after I got through it why he didn't recommend it earlier, [8 years in] he explained that as long as I was doing ok with what I was doing I was fine. Besides it is expensive and most people don't go because of the expensive copay. As well as in my state insurance only pays for it twice in a lifetime.
I recommend it, if you get the chance to do it take it. It is very helpful and you will learn a lot. As well as get more information about your condition and how to handle it. Worth the time and money it will cost out of pocket. For me copay was $40 per visit, three times a week for 36 weeks.
Pulmonary rehabilitation is beneficial at any stage of COPD and should be started as soon as it's recommended by your healthcare provider. It's a critical component of COPD care that helps reduce fatigue, shortness of breath, and improves exercise tolerance and overall quality of life.
The program typically runs for 6-10 Show Full Answer
Hi Michael
Thank goodness in the Uk we don’t have to wait to long maybe 8weeks
Take care
Eric
Yes yes yes start ReHab now
Take care
Eric xx
The sooner the better.. @A MyCOPDTeam Member, but your doctor has to order it. Its like a prescription..