I prefer the next to last position on the chart. On my back with arms above my head. At least this is how I awaken every morning. I've always seemed to breathe better that way, maybe because raised arms open up my lungs better? The only problem for me is that my upper arms/shoulders are hurting when I wake up.
Most people's opinions seem to be that sleeping flat on our back is not good for us.
Hi Susan. Your question SEEMS to only give us two choices - but there are Hundreds!
For example, Sleeping on the LEFT side should be cautious for those with Heart conditions (along with breathing issues). They would be advised to turn to the Right instead.
In hospital care situations the most common position is flat and "Face-up" although PRONE (face-down) has scientific studies saying this is the BEST breathing posture by far.
To prepare for a conversation with your Doc, Have a look at the article here:
https://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleeping-positi...
Some struggle with mucus buildup and other breathing restrictions which make this an important issue by far.
In general, our best advice is to use extra cushions and attempt to elevate our heads to foster a clear breathing passage way. Elevating our feet can improve Circulation for those with swelling problems.
Either way, IT appears the pillow companies WIN out regardless! But, falling asleep on the living room recliner should count too. This alone should put the matter to Rest, indeed!
be Well
Based on the provided search results, there isn't specific information about sleeping on the left side for COPD patients. However, what's most important for COPD patients is finding a comfortable position that helps with breathing.
Many people with COPD find that lying completely flat can restrict airways. Some members Show Full Answer
I agree with you @A MyCOPDTeam Member most of tho night I sleep on my back with 2 pillows!!♥️🙏🏻 1016/2025
When they say we should use 2-3 pillows to sleep, I can't see doing that on my side. I tried sleeping on my left side like they recommended, but it didn't feel good at all. My husband often has to sit up in the recliner for awhile, then he can go back to bed. I'm thinking sleeping on our back must be a viable option, because it was on that chart. Anyway, I do what works for me😉