Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I have a question and would like to see if any of our group has experienced this.
When I exhale, depending on which side I am lying on in bed, I get a putt putt sound from my lungs. This is on a deep exhale. I mentioned it to my doc and he said nothing.
Also, if I lie on my right side it isn't as bad and most times it disappears.
Any insight would be appreciated.

May 20, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was told that r right lung has 3 lobes for distributing air. Where as r left lung has ownly 2 bc it has to compensate for r heart

May 24, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have noticed that if I sleep on my left side I do not breathe so well also I will cough more I am better on my right side I think if you look at xrays the left lung is partly behind the heart when you sleep on left side the left lung does not get as much air I might be wrong in thinking that perhaps somebody might be able to tell us differently

May 21, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have one of those pillows had when I had my gall bladder out 14 years ago it helped me because I like sleeping on my right side it is only when I turn on my left side I cough more

May 23, 2015
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Only when fighting a lung infection.

August 5, 2017
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I had that also when I was real flimmy and congested.

June 6, 2015

Related Questions

View All