Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I was recently diagnosed with COPD. Caught a cold from my granddaughter and ended up in the hospital

October 18, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Very Frightening indeed, I have experienced that too many times.
You could ask your doctor for a prescription for physical therapy which is a wonderful class that teaches you about COPD and proper exercise. I highly recommend it.

There are some very good You tube videos on COPD that can be very beneficial to anyone that wishes to search for them.
How to take medication, exercise, breathing techniques, clearing your lungs, using a "flutter valve" to help phlegm removal, chest compressions vest for phlegm removal.
My doctor explained all of this to me, and I thought I understood what he told me. What You Tube did for me was put verbal instructions into practice.
BIG CAUTION RIGHT HERE.
Lots of bad information and downright lies on social media.
Use YOUR brain when you read or watch anything.

October 26, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Water is your best friend.
Stay hydrated to thin mucus so you can cough it up.
Mucinex can be beneficial also.

October 22, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I’m so sorry. I had to stop being around my grandson when ill. I kept ending up in the hospital and permanently scaring my lungs further , and worsening breathing. Hugs🦋💖

October 22, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you! I’ve started the process to get into physical therapy. I’m hoping to get started soon. I’ll definitely look into your other suggestions

October 27, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Thank you.

October 23, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ormond Beach, FL

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Manteca, CA