Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
November 11, 2025
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded to a question about why the group seems full of doom and gloom by warmly defending the community as a place where people... Read more

Members responded to a question about why the group seems full of doom and gloom by warmly defending the community as a place where people share real experiences, both struggles and triumphs, with genuine support rather than negativity. The conversation evolved into practical advice for a member experiencing stage 4 COPD-related weakness and fatigue, with several members suggesting she check oxygen levels with a pulse oximeter, consult a doctor about possible disease progression, review medication side effects like those from Trelegy, and consider working with a dietician on recent weight gain. A recurring theme was the value of honest, lived experience in helping others feel less alone, with members emphasizing that sharing both good and difficult days creates a supportive space where people can ask questions and receive help from those who truly understand.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't see the doom and gloom people just reaching out for advice, or just to touch a hand that's in the same boat.

November 12, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

There are positive things here too. And people support and encourage others here. But this site is for people to share their real experiences. And that helps others of us who are struggling.

November 12, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member, I dont see the doom and gloom, I do see the people telling it like it is. Me it may feel that I'm complaining but Im not. What I do say is whats going on with me at the time and my team may make comments on what they do in similar situations. I got most of my happenings figured out how to treat them. When nothing is going on I conjure up tidbits from my youth or something else and add some cooking tips as I used to cook in some Cafe's and small restaurants way before McDonald's ever hit the world enmass, oh and I did lots of dishes in those places. So stick around and pick your poison, err person😇😇

November 13, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I don't see the doom and gloom that your talking about. How long have you been here? Some post go way off subject and some people post jokes. but mostly helpful information about dealing with our problems and issues.
You are right it is not a death sentence. In fact most people with it die from other causes.
Sorry you're not finding things more helpful here. Any suggestions you can do for us?

November 12, 2025
A MyCOPDTeam Member

Hi Catherine, I'm stage 2/3 but we do have several here that are stage 4. I'm sure that they will be in contact with you. Best wishes with your journey with COPD. We'd like to know a little about you when you feel that you can share with us. Fill out your story, giving us info about what meds if any you take, what is your diagnosis other than having stage 4. Do you have emphysema or bronchitis, are you using oxygen, anything that you feel comfortable in sharing. With this info, we will get to know you and better able to answer any questions that you may have. We have many experts with experience here that can answer about any question that you may have, You can get an idea of how to fill out your story by reading ours. Just click on our picture or name and you will be taken to our home page. WELCOME, we're glad to have you onboard. You'll find lots of informative and valuable information here. Ask lots of questions...Your following posts says that you are sick and weak today. I'm so sorry about that. Are you sick because of COPD or have you caught a bug. My prayers will be with you for fast healing. @A MyCOPDTeam Member

November 12, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Basingstoke, UK

A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Boscobel, WI

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In