Answer Summary
Members discussing low blood pressure with COPD revealed a surprising range of experiences, with most reporting high blood pressure instead,... Read more
I have low blood pressure, always have! I had low BP before I was diagnosed with COPD! I do not have heart problems of any kind!
very difficult to answer, for a multitude of reasons, all of us with copd have a history of many factors that got us here, we are all different ages and have a bunch of various things that caused copd, thw two main ones are smoking and heart issues. the majority of those with smoking and heart issues also have high blood pressure, so i would say those with low blood pressure would be small. BUT, blood pressures should be monitored by people who work in the field.
Since July 2025, I have had more COPD and heart issues than ever before. I now use oxygen more monitored with an oximeter. November 11, I came down with a cough so went to Urgent Care who's dx was a virus and put me on Prednisone and a cough pill. The cough pill helped; can't say that the Prednisone helped. A six days later, I had so much mucus I thought I was going to drown in it. Low BP, a temp, so confused I couldn't make a coherent sentence, and dizzy and not knowing where else to turn, my hubby took me to the ER. After some tests they concluded it was a COPD exacerbation, put me on antibiotics as there was also a bacteria infection and sent me home. Yesterday saw my Primary Dr who looked over the Urgent Care and ER discharge paperwork, ordered a CT Scan with and without contrast. I was surprised at the tech at Simon Med Imaging as he walked me back to the CT room as he said that the Dr had ordered both with and without contrast. He told me he didn't like to do both and asked me what I wanted to do. I told him to do what the Dr ordered! They must be really busy to ask me what he should do rather than go by what the Dr ordered! She should get the results in a few days; hopefully before Thanksgiving. I do feel better on the antibiotics, cut my Farxiga from 30 to 10 mg due to low BP running from 100/59 Pulse 102 (although I haven't found a pharmacy to fill it yet. We usually buy it in MX to save $), 105/59 Pulse 103, and 95/59 Pulse 114 today Nov 20, 2025. To make matters more complicated, I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure this month. I have never had so many things go in such a short period of time. Tired and somewhat scared. Sending prayers. Diane B
any blood pressure outside of the norms should be monitored and treated and SHOULD have a answer of WHY !
Nope,high.bp,on blood thinners.