Lonnie have you been tested for MAC disease? It can cause night sweats. I suggest calling your pulmonary doctor tolet him/her know. Good luck!
November 23, 2025
Hi LonnieCox, I also have off and on low blood pressure. It sounds like you’re getting sick, Mayb you should call your Dr tomorrow. Hugs…
November 23, 2025 (edited)
@A MyCOPDTeam Member, I don’t have a good answer, sorry. I do have night sweats but not often. My BP is up and down. Not consistent. I am just at the beginning stages of mild COPD. But there are spots on my right lung and will have another CT scan sometime in January to see if any changes and if so then probably a biopsy.
But am praying for you.
Mentioned Users
A MyCOPDT...
November 23, 2025
What causes hot sweats and chills at night with COPD and low blood pressure?
Night sweats and chills with COPD can have several causes. One important possibility is a respiratory infection, which can trigger these temperature changes along with other symptoms. Respiratory infections are more common with COPD because Show Full Answer
What causes hot sweats and chills at night with COPD and low blood pressure?
Night sweats and chills with COPD can have several causes. One important possibility is a respiratory infection, which can trigger these temperature changes along with other symptoms. Respiratory infections are more common with COPD because bacteria can get trapped in your lungs, leading to conditions like pneumonia, bronchitis, colds, or flu.
These infections can also cause COPD flare-ups, so it's important to watch for other signs like:
- Increased coughing
- More mucus or phlegm production
- Worsening shortness of breath
- Increased fatigue
Your low blood pressure combined with these nighttime temperature swings could indicate an infection or another complication that needs medical attention. Since respiratory infections can cause long-term lung damage in people with COPD, getting them treated quickly is essential.
Please contact your doctor soon to discuss these symptoms. They can evaluate whether you have an infection or if something else is causing your night sweats and chills, and provide appropriate treatment to help you feel better.
November 23, 2025
It's a COPD flare up I've had them contact your doctor.
December 15, 2025