Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyCOPDTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
December 31, 2025
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded with rich personal experience to the question about non-steroid maintenance inhalers, sharing their journeys with options... Read more

Members responded with rich personal experience to the question about non-steroid maintenance inhalers, sharing their journeys with options like Spiriva Respimat, Anoro, Combivent, Serevent, and the newer Dupixent injections for inflammation. Several members described frustrating trial-and-error with medications like Trelegy and Symbicort, noting side effects like eye pressure, agitation, and allergic reactions, while others found lasting relief by simplifying to one inhaler. A recurring theme was the importance of self-advocacy at doctor appointments, with many members encouraging each other to ask questions, push back on insurance barriers, and not give up on finding a regimen that truly helps them breathe easier.

A MyCOPDTeam Member

The pulmonologist finally put me on Serevent inhaler non steroid. For inflammation he put me on Dupixent shots, done every two weeks. Hopefully this will work. I have so many allergies to medications. I dislike corticosteroids and am happy to have the option to try and manage my COPD without them
7/12/26

July 12
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I have tried boom boom nasal stick/ it works wonders and mullein products are great! Leila

June 25
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I used Spiriva for a year or two, and had no problems at all. The doctor eventually told me I don't have to use anything, so I let it go. I don't hear others talk about it so much, so maybe newer meds are doing a better job, but I never had any trouble.

February 14
A MyCOPDTeam Member

I was on trelegy for over a year, side effects prompted me to ask for a change. Now on the generic version of ANORO(trelegy without steroids) works ok. I say ok because I have found nothing to be real exceptional. Now insurance doesn't want to pay for generic version. Name brand only??😱
Have you ever heard of that? Will be returning to anoro. Started pulmonary rehab today from my home with a physical therapist who lives in my town. Medicare will pay or so I am told. I have severe stage 4 COPD on oxygen 24/7. Still trying to stay active. Good to hear of others and their progress...thanks for listening...🤗

February 13
A MyCOPDTeam Member

@A MyCOPDTeam Member I started out in 2012ish with Symbacort and Spiriva together and I DID NOT like the feeling I was getting. My doc said that I should pick one and stay with that. I chose the Spiriva Respimat and it has been my one and only medication for COPD since then. I have no side effects at all from it. If your doc ok's your change over, it may take you a while to realize that it IS working, just want you to keep that in mind. It is probably not going to be a sudden change. I wish you luck in the change over and I also wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Chris
December 31, 2025

December 31, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyCOPDTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ormond Beach, FL