Answer Summary
Members shared their struggles with traditional cleaning products like Clorox triggering COPD symptoms and burning their lungs, prompting a... Read more
I just use vinegar and soap for cleaning now. I can't take the Clorox cleaning products anymore. Inhaling those fumes makes my lungs feel like they get burnt.
Oh I will send a link!
Me too @A MyCOPDTeam Member Glass cleaner: 2 cups water, 2 Tbs white vinegar & 2 Tbs rubbing alcohol. All purpose cleaner: 2 cups water, 1/2 cup white vinegar, & juice of 1 lemon. (don't use on granite or marble) Bathroom Disinfectant: 1/2 cup white vinegar, 1/2 rubbing alcohol and 20 drops tea tree oil. These do a pretty good job!
Does using cleaning chemicals cause COPD to worsen, and is there a cleaning product that doesn't affect your breathing?
Yes, chemically based cleaning supplies can definitely worsen COPD symptoms and potentially trigger an exacerbation, whether you're doing the cleaning yourself or just exposed to the fumes. Products with Show Full Answer
That is good. Leila